Friday, July 4, 2008

From sea to shining sea.


Happy Independence Day!



Today, we rented a car and drove to West Vancouver to a provincial park. It was the first time since we've been here that either Jennifer or me had driven, and it was easily the most stressful hour that we've had in the last two weeks. There was traffic, uncertainty as to where we were going, and two children in the backseat demanding food and entertainment. So driving was awful and I was grouchy and Jennifer was totally making fun of me. Don't poke the bear, Jennifer.

But, when we got there, it was a beautiful park on Caufield Cove.


There were some seriously steep climbs, but Shelton refused all safety ropes and freeclimbed the whole thing. Besides, it was mostly water below her, so Jen and I felt like everything was cool.


Shelton, Hughston and I lined up and searched every inch of the beach, CSI-style. Sadly, we were unable to find any feet washed up on the shore. A couple of hands and a chin. That's it. What a gyp.



It's the whole family in a picture! I'm bending down because I had set the timer on the camera and didn't remember whether or not I had framed the picture with enough room for my head. I guess I had. I'll edit this picture and revise history later.

2 comments:

Carol B. said...

We are enjoying following your adventures! The Savannah Bowmans

Lisa Allen said...

Happy 4th! Glad you guys are having a great time! Enjoy the rest of your time in the great Northwest!!!! :-)

Love, Bill and Lisa